1) Saturday night out for a friend's birthday. Scene: Hong Kong at Harvard Square. That should say it all. Where else can you combine scorpion bowls, sweaty dancing fiends and enough pop music to sate any lust for Miley or Jay Z or whoever. Minus the incredibly sweaty and drunk guys that kept aggressively dancing into our group (which they may not have done if they'd realized our
group included about half of the bar), resulting in the throwing of 'bows and finally ended in Olesh and Andrew mancing the crap out of the guy, it was a great night. Emily, my old roommate, and Koehler, my old coworker, and both of them two of my favorite people, both came out as well, which made the night even more awesome. Helping Matty (birthday boy) and Ali (his gf) home was the highlight of my night. Jibberish spoken in the car, Matt not recognizing who I was, Matt trying to help Ali up the stairs resulting in them both completely falling over, Ali passing out in the bathroom, Jane falling off the couch and just giggling on the floor - all of these were fantastically funny sights from probably the most sober person in the room (me). It was just a great night with tons of great people :-)2) Second awesome was actually having time to get my haircut on Saturday. I'd had the appointment then canceled it, as the day was moving far more slowly than I'd anticipated. I just didn't see how I was going to be able to make it downtown, to the gym, then to my hair appt, and then bake a pie, all before having to leave for dinner at my friends house (which was waaay awesome as well). But somehow it all worked out. Having given up on my 3:30 appointment at my usual salon, I hit the gym for a swim, then on the way home walked by a salon literally around the corner from my apartment and they had one opening for a walk-in just before they closed. I was even able to shower off the chlorine at home first before running back over for a cut. It worked out perfectly! And although the initial surprise for Josh had been ruined when I'd had to cancel, it was still sort of a surprise because I managed to fit it in when he didn't think I'd be able to. Woot!
This weekend's double serving of awesome were (1) birthday fun at a new (to me) HK and (2) somehow finding time to get my hair cut on Saturday.
And this weekend's reason why Josh is the BBFE: he made me cookies last night and brought them to me with milk as I slept on the couch. They were so awesomely delicious too :-) And he did it all with very silly looking hair.
Oh yea, and GO PATS! Haha, thank you Sanchez for passing to us so often :-) You made Bodden look really good
