Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Vacuum! Sucking was never so awesome!

Bought a new vacuum on Sunday at Target. Ali was awesome (and a little loopy from the previous night's drinkfest birthday celebration) and gave me a ride to Target to get the vacuum I'd picked out online. I got the Bissel Cleanview which I'd read reviews of and decided was a good "value buy". Didn't get a chance to vacuum Sunday night so of course as soon as I got home from work and the gym, Josh and I assembled it and I got started. I don't know how long its been since my apartment was vacuumed since I've never owned a vacuum and have lived there since the end of July and from the looks of things after last night, I don't know that the previous tenants owned one either. I started in the living room and by the time I got done with the sitting area, the bagless cannister was already almost full. By the time I got to my bedroom, it was overfull. Talk about gross! You don't realize how bad carpet can be until you clean it up. Two cannisters later, my apt looks so much better, its not even funny. Very high traffic areas like just inside the door and along the couch (which is the same spot where the other tenants had their couch) definitely needs a shampoo, but my bedroom honestly looks like brand new carpet. It was seriously amazing and I'm so glad I finally bought the vacuum. I'll probably run over the floors again tonight before I leave for Thanksgiving. It'll probably take a few times of doing it to really get all the dust that's accumulated over time. But man, what a difference! Couldn't be happier :-)
Today's single serving of Awesome: my new vacuum cleaner :-)